Documents required for flat purchase in Navi Mumbai

Documents required for purchasing flats in Navi Mumbai

Published Tagged , ,
Legal Stamp Papers

Case A: Where the Party outrightly purchases Flat /Home from CIDCO in buildings made by CIDCO eg.Millenium tower,Spaghetti,NRI complex.

  • Allotment letter from CIDCO
  • Possession letter from CIDCO
  • NOC from CIDCO
  • Receipt of payments made to CIDCO.
  • No Valuation Report required.(Plus point)
  • No Title Clearance/Search Report needed (Plus point)
  • Sale agreement and sale deed between the owner and CIDCO.

Case B : Where CIDCO has given Land to individuals and the individual constructs the House.
This is applicable only to a house on an independent plot.The house should already be constructed.

  • Agreement to lease (with blank copy of lease deed format) between CIDCO & applicant.
  • Blue print of building plan approved by CIDCO or NMMC (depending on who is in charge of that area)
  • NOC from CIDCO for taking loan for purchase of the property.
  • Architect’s detailed estimate for Construction of house.
  • Development Agreement.(In case the plot is owned by one person and the building is made by another/builder)
  • In case of Construction of Common Walls : Proof of allotment of Plots to adjoining Plot holders and their NOCs for construction of common walls by the applicant.
  • Affidavit of not letting the House partially or wholly.
  • CIDCO or NMMC commencement Certificate for construction.

Case C : Where CIDCO has given Land on lease to builders (TENDER PLOTS)
(This is the most common scenario,when you purchase from Builder who has got the plot via tender.This can be verified by checking the documents with the builder)

  • Agreement to lease (with blank form of lease deed attached) between CIDCO and builders.
  • Commencement letter for construction i.e. Sanction letter from NMMC town planning/building proposal dept.
  • NOC from CIDCO & Builders for mortgaging property to a bank (when you take loan for purchasing a property/flat)…since all land in Navi Mumbai belongs to CIDCO.They only give land on long lease.
  • Registered agreement for sale between builders and flat purchaser alongwith Registration receipt of the agreement.
  • Receipts of payments made to builders.He has to provide you this for every payment made to him before,during and after purchase.
  • NOC from builders in prescribed format.
  • Blue print of architect’s plan with sanction/approval from NMMC building proposal dept.The stamp is on the blueprint itself.Normall on top right corner.

Case D : Where CIDCO has given directly to Society
(This is what the Wadhwa scam on Palm beach was all about.)He had taken land sanctioned for Mathadi workers and converted adjacent plots into one big plot.The case had gone to the supreme court and construction is on now.It happens only in India)

  • Agreement to lease between CIDCO & Society (alongwith blank form of lease deed).
  • Blue Print of building Plan approved by CIDCO authorities.
  • Commencement certificate issued by NMMC(building proposal dept) or CIDCO,depending on whose jurisdiction the area falls under.Normally,areas after belapur i.e.Kharghar,Ulwe,Kamothe,khandeshwar etc,fall under CIDCO jurisdiction.Areas from Vashi to Belapur fall under NMMC now.Earlier these areas also fell under CIDCO jurisdiction.
  • Society’s registration certificate.
  • List of Society members approved by CIDCO.
  • NOC from CIDCO & Society for mortgaging property to any bank.This happens if you take a loan for purchasing property.
  • Allotment letter issued by Society to the flat purchaser.
  • Share Certificate.

Additional Requirement if Society assigns development rights to developers / builder.

  • Development agreement between Society and Builder
  • Power of attorney from Society and Builder.
  • Partnership deed of builder’s firm (If its a partnership firm)
  • NOC from builder for mortgaging property to any bank.
  • Registered agreement for sale between builders & applicant with Registration Receipt thereof.

Case E : Resale of CIDCO flat (Flat purchased directly from CIDCO) by one person to another

Valley Shilp Project of CIDCO
CIDCO made Valley Shilp Project in Kharghar Sector 36
  • Original Sale Agreement between CIDCO and Seller
  • Original deed of apartment between CIDCO & seller.
  • Allottment letter issued by CIDCO
  • Possession letter issued by CIDCO to Seller
  • Registered agreement for sale between seller and buyer with Registration Receipt
  • NOC from CIDCO for transfer of vendor’s rights in favour of applicant and for mortgaging property to any bank.
  • NOC from Association of Apartment Owners (if it exists). For Newly constructed CIDCO Complexes like Swapnapoorti etc, you will need to submit an affidavit since no society is currently formed. Forming a Society is CIDCO’s responsibility and Conveyance after that is also CIDCO’s responsibility.

Case F : Where Flat/House constructed on freehold land

  • Latest 7/12 Extract with N.A. permission/City Survey extract.
  • Agreement for purchases of land, if any.
  • Title Certificate & Search Report for 15 years.
  • Development agreement between Land owners & developers.
  • Partnership deed of developers wherever necessary.
  • Agreement for sale between Developers/Land owners and applicant duly registered with Registration from Receipt thereof.
  • NOC from builders.
  • Blue print of building plan approved by competent authority
  • Sanction Letter.

By Mayur

Mayur is a real estate professional based in Navi Mumbai for the past 20 years. His expertise in real estate includes every sphere of the real estate sector from legal to Building Construction to Vastu to home interiors. When it's not real estate, its either his fight against corruption or pulling focus (film making) with his NIKON D750 that keeps him busy. With over 9 million views of his pictures on Google Maps and over 1.3 crore views of his contributions, he has been designated as a Master Photographer by Google. He can be reached on 9987452642


  1. I got all required NEWS / NAVI-MUMBAI but it seems ITS’UNCOMLETE Without Mantioning of A.P.M.C.Category plots specially SHREE GANESH CO-OP society-thanks

    1. I have heard of for new transfer N.O.C. are subject to ‘DOMICILE-CERTIFICATE’other wise no transfer? how this seems true?

      1. Yes,its true in cases of society plots depending on the constitution of the society and the category of the plot allotted.In some cases,the society plots were only meant for people or societies,holding a domicile certificate,hence the person desiring to become a new member of the society will also have to be a domicile certificate holder.Anyways,these are just ways to harass the flat purchaser on instructions of the builder lobby who are facing unbearable distress due to the dead and collapsing market.

    2. Yes,Shree ganesh co-op society is just a tip of the iceberg.Most of the plots in Navi Mumbai have been fraudulently acquired by builders by forming bogus societies and then selling the flats in them to buyers.Society plots were much cheaper than the tender plots and the CIDCO officers made a lot of money.If you start investigating,almost all society plots will have these bogus antecedents.Why do you think the govt is shivering to bring the lokpal?

  2. I had purchased this flat in 12.5% scheme from vasturachna bulder in 2005 n availesd loan from sbi for the same.Society is registerd and share ceritificate issued but we dont have copy of tripartite and ocupancy certificate due to which am having problem in taking over the loan to union bank staff loan category.ubi is asling for noc from cidco.will cidco give noc?

  3. Hi Manu, I just zeroed on a flat in Sec 11 koperkariane, By look of itisa regadtered society but i am yet to see the papers pertaining to the flat.

    I will be geting the apers tommorow.
    I wamted to know can you help me check these apaper as i need soem expert help in undersatnding the papers.

    What will be your charges?

    Lastly is ther any problem in the buldings constructed in SEC 11 kopekarine as i know most of bulding in Sec 19 as some sort of problems?

    1. You can get the papers to my office.I will charge you 1500 for verification of the documents.
      I am not aware of any problems in sec 11 koperkhairne.
      You can call me on 9987452642 before coming.
      My office is situated in the Nerul Railway station complex.
      1st floor,Above Dwarka Hotel,Nerul west.

      1. i have recently booked flat in Arrow-city Manhattan pen dist. raighad and flat cost is 10,20,000 and i have given 10% down payment and the scheme is we have to pay 35% cost amt and remaining 65% they will provide us finance and we have to pay on EMI and that company will give 3%interest on 65%cost as loan amt and but that company still haven’t start any construction just giving some reason and i got flat allotment letter from company and down-payment receipt so my question is which document i have to ask from company for safety and security of my paid money and project completion promise please guide and reply me on this email id

        1. Most of these schemes should give you the necessary papers like latest 7/12,collectors approval,gram panchayat approval,approved plans by the collector,NA certificate etc.Sometimes they dont even have the land and they collect money from people to buy the land and construct on it.

  4. which document i have to demand from that company so i can assume this company is not fake and project will complete on right time

    1. My query is how safe the construction is being taken place on ownership (power of atorney() in adai just opp : new panvel bridge & expressway

      Kindly advise

      1. which document is required to assume this project is legal? can u give me list of document that i should ask to company?

        1. You should ask them to give you all the documents they have.Then you can tell me which documents they have given you.Then I can tell you if they are enough.For starters,ask them for..
          Latest 7/12,NA certificate,Plans approved by the town planning office.

  5. does gram panchayat land requires collector's approval for passing residential project, or only NA permission required, pls guide.

    1. I am looking flat in panvel I want to know how important is to have cidco approval, I am interested in one property which is non cidco approved property I want to know is it safe to buy such is in adaigaon, builder said when he gives the possesion I will have to pay him 75,000 for tranfering n registerng from his name to my name.please do reply soon thankyou.

  6. hi manu, do I need a domicile – certificate for purchasing a flat built on a society plot? this is situated in kharghar sec-12 in name of skp chs…i u/stand every society can have their own constituents/rules.

    1. If the society is specifically formed for people holding a domicile certificate,then you need one.Most of the society plots are obtained by forming such societies,sometimes fraudulently.

  7. Hi,
    I am trying to purchase a flat in navi mumbai kamothe building name is Blue heaven but the society is not registered because the plot is not transfer by the builder.Would request you to suggest is it save to purchase a flat in blue heaven and what all documents i need to check before purchasing and giving the token

    1. You need to check if the OC and CC are in the name of the builder to whom you are going to make the payment.This is most important.Land and building can be conveyed in the name of the society after that.

      1. hi,

        I am looking to buy a flat in Ulwe. Builder is not ready to get me any documents until I pay the token money. However, he agreed to bring an expert with me to his office for verification.

        I really get scared when it is time to pay as I don’t know these builders. It appears like khosla ka ghosla setup. It becomes easy only if you know the builder since even 20% of flat cost is like a salaried guy’s half of life savings.

        Please help.

          1. Dear Sir,
            I am finalysing a Resale flat in Seawoods sectyor 50.
            It is a 12.5% scheme plot.
            Society if registered in 2003 before the construction started.
            Society is given development agreement and POA to the builder in 2003.
            Costruction completed and OC is obtained in 2004.
            The seller have only allotment letter form the builder but no sale deed.
            The seller says there is no need to go for Conveyance deed, and Cidco transfer is possibe in my name without any problem.
            I want to collect one set of papers and bring them for your expert help.
            Request you to tell about your charges for giving a title certificate, mou, sale deed registration, till CIDCO transfer completes.
            But one problem is there. The seller says he will not give any documents before giving the tocken (2L).
            pl advise me weather i can give the tocken and get the papers, is ths property sounds worth proceeding to give the tocken?
            pl Help.
            Sudheer Godabole

          2. Sir,

            One small query,

            Is a letter from the Housing finance company to CIDCO requesting for NOC necessary to get NOC from CIDCO. Can I as the buyer apply for NOC from CIDCO directly enclosing the copy of sanction letter from the Housing Finance Company.


          3. You will need the letter from the Finance co to CIDCO.I havent understood the logic behind the same,but CIDCO makes these strange rules.

    2. I am selling my flat (for which CIDCO Transfer has been done to my name) in Koparkhairane.
      The buyer who is availing loan from ICICI, needs a NOC from Cidco. However the form he has given us for this is the form for CIDCO Transfer. I need to understand the difference in the 2 processes. How can I get the NOC form for just getting his loan sanctioned. I do not want him to start the CIDCO transfer process before I receive the final payment. Can you help?

      1. What he needs to get is the Mortgage NOC from CIDCO.Tell him to start the Mortgage NOC procedure from CIDCO.Or you can sign a sale agreement with him,get part payment from him,register the sale agreement and then go for the cidco transfer and Mortgage NOC together.If you need professional help you can fix an appointment with our office and we can handle everything for you for a fee.

  8. Hi,
    Now CIDCO is opened a project in Kharghar sector 36. If I get the flat in MIG scheme then can I sell it immediately after getting the possession?.
    Is proper registration is possible between me any second buyer or any lock in period is there? Kindly help.

  9. Hi,

    I am planning to purchase a flat with Tirupati Balaji Builders & Developers in New Panvel. They have a project Balaji Residency Phase 1/2/3. Their land is in Survey No, 99/4B, Sukhapur, Akurli, in New Panvel.

    They are saying that they have MOE (a certificate of Mutual Understanding between builder & CIDCO). They don’t have NOC till now. In that case, should i book my flat with them ?

      1. Hi I have booked a flat in vichumbe with tirupati balaji builcon pvt ltd. Could u please advice is he
        a legal builder.

          1. I am planning to book a flat in a ‘collector passing’ project at taloja. What all documents do i need to check to verify if the construction is legal. Will it be wise to invest in such a property.

          2. The information you have asked for is impossible to quote on the internet without personal consultation.Kindly contact our office on 9987452642 for appointment.

  10. I am planning to book flat in “utsav city” project by Today Global at shivkar in panvel. I wanted to cross verify the legal side of the project. Can you please help in this…

  11. Hi Manu, I am Neeraj and I am willing to buy a property(Flat) in Sanpada, for which conveyance deed is not completed. Is it safe? will the property be transferred to my name after CIDCO completes conveyance deed. Please advise.

        1. Conveyance Deed give you rights on the land where building is been construction,if in case building collapse and you have no conveyance deed you will have no right on land.

  12. I m purchasing property at vashi gaon so which documents are required and this property want to be registered or not or only notarized sufficient? And in this case need CIDCO transfer?

    1. Check CC and OC.
      If not there, the property is illegal.
      Doesn’t matter where it is.
      If its illegal, it makes no difference whether you notarize it or register it.
      It will always remain illegal.

Leave a comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

WeCreativez WhatsApp Support
Send a whatsapp msg
👋 Hi, how can I help?