Builder fined for delaying flat posession

Published Tagged

The Maharashtra State Consumer Disputes Redressal Commission (Consumer Court) has asked M/S Vaidehi Akash Housing Pvt limited,to pay the expenses of stamp-duty,registration and conveyance for a 1000 sq ft flat located on Veera Desai Road(Andheri West).The builder had not handed over the flat to the buyer even seven years after making the full payment of 22 lakhs.The commission also told the builder to handover the flat within 45 days or else he will have to pay another 5 lakhs as interest.
The builder had issued an allotment letter dated March 22,2005  but did not execute the sale agreement for the 22 lakhs paid to him.Despite repeated summons,the company and its directors failed to appear before it.The commission then passed an exparte order against them.
Most people are unaware that they can pursue the builder for any problems in the consumer court and that the law is almost always on their side.Problems such as delayed conveyance,delayed society formation etc etc can be pursued in the Consumer Court and does not  require a lawyer.Just a plain paper submission is ok.

By Mayur

Mayur is a real estate professional based in Navi Mumbai for the past 20 years. His expertise in real estate includes every sphere of the real estate sector from legal to Building Construction to Vastu to home interiors. When it's not real estate, its either his fight against corruption or pulling focus (film making) with his NIKON D750 that keeps him busy. With over 9 million views of his pictures on Google Maps and over 1.3 crore views of his contributions, he has been designated as a Master Photographer by Google. He can be reached on 9987452642


  1. I had purchased flat in Kharghar,Navi mumbai in sec-06 from Shah Builder.Project name-Shah Alpine.Builder had purchased this land from CIDCO as tender plot.
    At the time of purchase in Jan2010,builder had told the completion of project by June 2011.But still project has not completed.It will approximately one year to complete,as per progress I have see.

    Can I lodge complaint at consumer forum??
    Which document I have to submit to court??
    Or just compalint is enough to bring the builder to court?

    I think I have to file complaint in Alibaug court,sonce Khaghar is in Raigad district.

    1. Yes you can file a case in the district consumer forum.Im not sure where the forum is located but I think its near the Thane court naka.
      You can simply go with the agreement you have.If builder has taken more than the fair time,he will be liable to refund your money along with the interest and court fees if any.You can file a simple written complaint stating the facts of the case.

Leave a comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

WeCreativez WhatsApp Support
Send a whatsapp msg
👋 Hi, how can I help?